Pre-workout skincare routine
- Wash your face well. Remove all make-up, It is a bad idea to wear make-up while exercising. Sweat infused with make-up clogs the pores and gives rise to acne or whiteheads.
- Apply a good moisturizer. you sweat as you exercise. This dehydrates the body as well as the skin. So you need to hydrate your skin in advance. If you take spinning or hot yoga classes, use a thicker moisturizer.
- If it’s an outdoor workout, do not forget to use sunscreen on your face, neck and arms.
- Carry wet wipes with you. Clean the workout equipment you plan to use to prevent bacteria from infecting your skin.
- If you are swimming, use a waterproof sunscreen and a moisturizer.
- During your workout, wipe off sweat with a clean towel.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Use a thermal water mist while doing weights or cardio. This will clean your skin, clear the sweat and purify it with rich minerals.
Post workout routine
- First wash your hands. They must be dirty with a mixture of sweat, dirt and microorganisms from all the equipment you have used.
- Next splash water on your face.
- Take a shower. cleanse well to remove all the sweat, bacteria and grime from your scalp and body. This will prevent acne and body odour.
- Change into a fresh pair of clothes. Dump the sweaty clothes and socks in your washing machine. Do not wear them again without washing. Dirty clothes harbour fungi and bacteria.
- Apply a generous amount of moisturizer on your face and body.
- Have a protein-rich diet to prevent hair loss.